Thursday, September 11, 2008

Love Letter to God 2

Father, I keep thinking of your amazing love for me. I am overwhelmed. You are all for me, never against me. You love me as if I was the only person you ever made. Your attention is on me, 100% of the time. I have your complete focus and all of your heart, not just a part of it. Those thoughts boggle my mind. I feel so comforted in that revealed truth.
Today, again, I feel your Presence. I cannot help but feel you and know you. I am hearing your little whispers in my heart. The way you talk to me and guide me is also a really awesome thing that is hard to describe in words. My spirit just revels in your love today. You bring me such abundance of peace. Thank you. I love you.
I was laying on my deck in the sun, looking up at the clouds. I saw various shapes that looked like animals. I saw what looked just like my dog and I also saw a lamb. Then I heard you whisper, "See my eagle?". I didn't see it at first, and then suddenly, there it was; the shape of the cloud was a perfect eagle, with its wings outstretched. But as I kept looking, I did not just see one eagle, but a second, smaller one, just underneath the first one, as if nestled close to the larger one's chest. Immediately I felt you showing me that you are like the larger first eagle I saw and that I am like the second smaller one, just under you, but completely covered by your outstretched wings. My heart swelled with your love right then, Lord. And I breathed you in closer to me.
How I love you.

Psalm 36: 7 Amplified: "How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings."
Psalm 57:1 Amp.: "Be merciful and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You: yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed."

4 comments:

  1. I share that space with you under His wings. Its wonderful, isn't it?

    (Great post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great post! Thanks for sharing it with us...I'm there too...

    Blessings Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so preciuos... Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Crissy for sharing your love for the Lord with all of us. Reading your letter brought tears to my eyes. I share that relationship with Him through Jesus too. What a blessing!! I'm Kim Reid's mom (NanaDiana on Splitcoast)

    ReplyDelete